Sunday, April 29, 2012

That's a Very Loose Interpretation of Pork Dumplings

I hate it sometimes when I forget my lunch at home.

On days when I've gotten a really shitty parking spot and figure that if I leave and come back I'll get a better spot, I don't mind getting in my car and driving to get something reasonable to eat. 

On other days, I get a really, really good parking spot and I'd rather not lose it just to go grab lunch.  On those days I'm at the whim of the two lunch counters that cater to my business park.

As you know (if you exist and if you've read anything beside this post on this blog) I have given up on the revoltingly greasy diner preferred by my coworkers and have instead started to frequent the "sandwich" place that boasts bulgogi and bim bim bap on their menu.  The other day I went to that place on Dumpling Tuesday.  I'd never had dumplings from them before and figured it couldn't be that bad.  I mean, their Business Park Bulgogi was pretty decent, and plus they have Sriracha to make their food palatable.

Why bother with the pork in pork dumplings?
Oh geez, how wrong I was!  The "pork" "dumplings" were these deep-fried things filled with what appeared to be pulverized cabbage.  They tasted of fried and that was about it.  They were served with rice and some random sauce.    Thank the Universe for Sriracha or else I don't think I would have eaten that day.

It was so bad that for the first time I regretted not going to the greasy diner; they had pierogies that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment