Thursday, March 29, 2012

SUNOVABITCH!

My friend in the adjacent business park Skypes me to ask me if I'd like to join her for lunch at one of the fake Japanese restaurants in the area.  I'm like, sure, why not.

We get to Fake-O Sushi at 12:15.  We order something hot that doesn't even require the attention of the sushi chef because the guy is swamped making what appears to be a zillion take-out orders.

The losing meal.
We get our miso soups and we figure everything is going well.  Then we wait.  And wait.  And watch people who came in after us get served.  At around a quarter to 1, my friend starts fretting because she has to get back to the office.  She's got a 1:30 meeting.   I get up and ask the waitress about our order.  She says, "It'll be ready in 2 minutes." 

Two minutes come and go.  We get complementary spicy salmon hand rolls.  That's awesome, but I tell the waitress that we'd rather have our HOT meal than the complementary sushi. 

My friend doesn't like spicy salmon, so I give her hand roll to the guy next to us who's also been waiting.  He came in after us.  He got served about two seconds after I gave him the hand roll.

It's now 1pm.  My friend is like, "I gotta get back."  I go see the waitress again.  She says that our food is now ready.  That's fantastic, but we have to leave.  I ask to get it to go.

Meanwhile, someone's come to pick up the zillion take out orders.  She gives me a dirty look as I'm telling the waitress that I need the meals to go.  I tell the take-out order woman that we've been waiting almost an hour for our food.  She replies, haughtily, that she put in her order and hour and a half ago so it better be ready.  I congratulate her for getting her order.

The waitress puts both my friend and my order together in the same bag.  I tell her that my friend and I don't work at the same location.   I tell her how displeased we are with the service.  I tell her that now we're late for a meeting and hungry. I tell her that this was really Not OK.  She doesn't blink.  We tell her we won't be back.  Nothing.  But Take-Out Lady is giving us dirty looks for taking too long at the cash.

I get back to work and down my soggy tempura yam rolls and chicken katsu.  It was not good.

No comments:

Post a Comment